Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Value Engineer
at Cardinal Health
Value Engineer Job Description
Does this work inspire you?
The Manufacturing Value Engineer responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting one or more manufacturing sites for the Patient Recovery (PR) division. This includes identifying, supporting and leading sustaining and value engineering related cost savings projects, manufacturing process improvements, and product line transfers. The Engineer must be able to communicate technically with service vendors and component suppliers to resolve technical issues in the manufacturing sites and develop proposals for cost savings. The Manufacturing Value Engineer will need to work closely with Quality Assurance, Sales, Marketing and the final customer to effectively manage process changes and resolve production issues.
What is the work you will be doing?
- Analyze and identify opportunities to improve product and process cost structures.
- Successfully manage projects to deliver all requirements in respect to scope, cost, time and functionality, ensuring that all targets are successfully achieved to schedule.
- Ensure project spend forecasting is accurately managed and controlled.
- Prepare Requirement Specifications matching customer needs, Project Charters, Work Breakdown Structures, Capital Expenditure Requests ( CER’s ), Project Plans, Site and Factory Acceptance Test Protocols.
- Ensure all Change Control requirements are satisfied and conduct all business ensuring compliance with appropriate standards.
- Use Six Sigma and Lean principles appropriately to optimize processes, layouts and line ergonomics.
- Ensure goals, objectives and business activities are aligned with the business objectives of the company.
- Ensure the full understanding of and implementation of the company’s GMP and Environmental Health & Safety policies.
- Ensure the Health & Safety of oneself and others at all times and communicate potential hazards to the appropriate personnel.
- Execute other duties as assigned by manager.
Do you have these experiences or skills?
- Two or more years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required. Experience in medical device manufacturing environment or other highly regulated environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply technical education.
- Strong communication, manufacturing process, product industrialization and leadership skills
- Solid design, troubleshooting and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in assembly equipment technologies
- Working Knowledge of Six Sigma
- Working knowledge of VATF / Value Engineering analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, and Risk Tools
- Working knowledge of DFA/ DFM principles
- Strong computer skills
Do you have these professional or academic certifications?
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline)