Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electric Motor Mechanic
at Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Job Reference #: 1037
- Read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (ac or dc).
- Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition.
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washers/steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
- Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items from storekeeper as approved by supervisor.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assembles, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
- Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
- Assist other mechanics or other shop personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in rotating apparatus repair (AC and/or DC electric motors, pumps, blowers, etc), preferably in an electric motor/job shop environment.
- Mechanical skills required include: troubleshooting of problems, electrical theory and understanding of A.C. and D.C. motors.
- Prior experience working as a Mechanic desired.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.